Friday, December 10, 2010

A weekend of the past

Recently, I made a huge decision. And I hope it was the right thing to do. I threw away most of the things from my past relationships because somehow it’s been affecting the present in more ways than it should. It was one of the most difficult things to do and I felt like I was erasing parts of myself. Amidst all the tearing and breaking, two songs came to mind:

‘..why do all good things come to an end..’

‘..players only love you when they’re playing..’

The weirdest part came right after that when I saw mr flannery’s msg on my msn, thanking me for believing in him when we were together and that he will always have the same faith in me. And when he thinks about the times we had together, he is truly thankful. I am (was) the best or one of the best thing that happened to him (?). I got so freaked out when I saw the message that I closed the window immediately. Talking about perfect timing, it was as if he had a hidden camera in my room and he was watching me throw away the things we had together.

One of my close friends thought that it was a sweet (although really sudden) gesture on his part. But I wasn’t touched the slightest bit. I did not understand what was the use or purpose of saying that to me after so long. It made me feel bitter for if I was truly the best thing that happened to him, he would not have let me go so easily. Almost too easily.

Not too long after that, Jun messaged me on msn to say that he will be visiting Singapore with his girlfriend and he would like to meet for lunch. He hasn’t changed one bit, at least appearance-wise and at certain points I felt nostalgic. He was after all my childhood sweetheart. That being said, I am happy for him and Sandra. They look like they belong together and I have to admit that I’m liking her quite a bit too. Ha.. so much for wanting to be the nasty ex, I ended up hugging her goodbye and it felt genuine.

It was like a weekend of the past, with both ex-es suddenly emerging out of nowhere. Thank god I only have 2.

No comments: