Thursday, January 09, 2014

The moment i have been waiting for

Has probably arrived. Every architect (although i am not technically one yet) or interior designer dreams of the same thing: to design one's own home. And mine has just came true about a few days ago when my husband and i made the decision to purchase an Executive Maisonette in Hougang. Over the past 15 years i have been staying in Singapore, i had moved 5 times from places to places depending on which school or college or university i was attending. For 15 years i have been floating around, with no place of my own to call home. I simply cannot describe this satisfaction that i will finally have my own living room, my own kitchen and my own family. Well of course, at a price that will bind me for the next 25 years of my life.

As my husband and i are both in the same industry, i can only imagine how difficult it will be to design our home, to find the balance between our styles and preferences such that there is the both of us in the final product. Nevertheless, i find it extremely exciting to see how this journey would unfold before us.

I would like to capture every step of this journey, from mood boards all the way to the actual thing itself, and share it with anyone who are willing to read.. Especially those who are looking for inspiration for their own home. Stay tuned :)

No comments: